Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is looking for an experienced, proven and extremely well-connected Producer to lead our live production team, based in our Newark office. You ll be part of the Audible Originals organization that develops, commissions and produces a wide range of high-quality, original, audio programs. The newest addition to our original content portfolios is the productions taking place in our theater asset at Minetta Lane. In this role, you ll leverage your passion for theater production and your strong industry relationships to support a major expansion of our output.
ABOUT THE TEAM
From award winning multi-cast dramas starring some of the world s best actors and live stand-up comedy to landmark documentary series and partnerships with leading cultural institutions, Audible s original content commissions inspire, challenge, delight, surprise and redefine the public s perception of audio. The Audible Originals team is responsible for the creation of a large portfolio of groundbreaking new content. They create exclusive, high quality and exceptional listening experiences for a global audience.
As a Producer, you will…
– Oversee the strategy and execution of our live content, in collaboration with the senior most members of our team
– Project manage the production process for both live stage productions and audio from planning to execution
– Take lead role in sourcing, developing, producing, and overseeing projects at our live venue, The Minetta Lane Theatre
– Liaise with both internal and external partners to generate and drive the assets necessary to bring a product to market as a Creative Owner
– Give creative guidance and feedback to writers, producers, and creators on outlines, scripts, cuts, and all other incoming material
– Coordinate and oversee the creation and maintenance of our production schedule
– Serve as communication hub for all production activities
– Oversee and manage budgets for both individual shows and on an annual basis
– Be accountable for KPI s related to our live strategy
– Attend rehearsals, tech, previews and performances as needed
– Attend Staff and Executive staff meetings
– Own of all deliverables to go to market with productions
– Lead and manage production team staff members
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in an Audible workspace (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Newark, NJ, USA
– 5+ years of professional experience as a production manager within a professional live performance organization
– Demonstrated ability to produce and create content with a strong track record of success
– Demonstrated ability to develop and work within approved budget
– Experience working with large-scale commercial, independent, and institutional producing models
– Knowledge of all areas of theatrical production, and experience working with theatrical unions
– Strong industry relationships
– Experience with contracts and deal-making
– Fluent in stage labor agreements
– Experience with commercial theater investments
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit