Patient Access Specialist – Part Time W/E Nights – ED Registration – Baptist Portland Ave
Schedule: Friday/Saturday 7p-7a
The Patient Access Specialist I is responsible for the provision of routine patient access activity for ancillary, diagnostic, surgical and emergency services as assigned to facilitate efficient operations, expeditious reimbursement and optimal customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
The Patient Access Specialist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Performs routine registration activity including scheduling, verifying patient demographic information, processing point of service payments, obtaining signatures for required consent paperwork, document imaging and following documentation standards to facilitate efficient patient access according to assigned protocol
* Performs routine patient access transactions including coverage eligibility, insurance verification, patient portion calculation and authorization requirement activity utilizing available systems and resources according to assigned protocol
* Resolves routine patient issues and assists with questions on reimbursement
* Handles all communication effectively, including telephone, email, and verbally with all departments and caregivers within the health system
* Demonstrates the components of the Vision, Mission and The INTEGRIS Values of Love, Learn and Lead
* Participates in team-oriented process improvement initiatives for the department and organization
* Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts, establishes goals with supervisors and tracks progress
* Understands and demonstrates compliance with performance standards, federal and state regulations including EMTALA and HIPAA, policies, procedures, guidelines, and third-party contracts
* Follows all safety rules while on the job, reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards
Reports to the Supervisor or Manager as assigned.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
Job Code: 1063
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* College coursework in related field or Healthcare Certification (AAHAM CRCS, HFMA CRCR, NAHAM CHAA) preferred
* 1 year of Patient Access operations activities (scheduling/registration/insurance) or related experience (billing, collections, accounts receivables)
* Previous experience with medical terminology, basic ICD 10 and CPT coding preferred
* Previous experience with Microsoft Office programs
* Previous experience in one of the following: scheduling, registration, insurance, billing, collections, and customer service in either a hospital or physicians office setting
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
Tagged as: management
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=32f8214ce15d61e98efc48629&ri=65933d5462c8956d28ea8787d1c27a93&job_loc=Oklahoma+City%2COK&encrypt=0&q&spl=nNegkm1%2BR8QGiqT3%3A9qTz%2FCMWmpI9kp8H8zrdYA%3D%3D%3Ac%2FXI3ueI%2FiAbBLycefRVU%2BKsFA3LZyoCb5lcEOfPHCAT8hEKkWI%3D→