When you join Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll discover impactful work, innovative thinking and a culture dedicated to working the right way, for the right reasons – with the customer always top of mind.
The work we do matters, like helping customers find cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and delivering COVID-19 solutions.
As the world leader in serving science and with the largest investment in R&D in the industry, you will be empowered to realize your full potential as part of a fast-growing, global organization that values your passion and unique contributions.
Our commitment to you and our 80,000 colleagues is to provide the resources and opportunities you need to make a difference in our world while building an exciting career with us.
LOCATION/DIVISION SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Intern II will serve in an intern role in the Quality Assurance team.
The position coordinates several QA-led activities, including metric tracking, documentation review, corrective action implementation, and other projects as needed by the Austin Quality team.
What will you do? – Perform product inspection and batch record review.
– Perform material inspection per approved procedures.
– Review records for Good Documentation Practices and archive records.
– Participate in departmental projects and improvement initiatives through the site s PPI Program and partner with other groups to continuously improve.
– Lead projects as necessary to support Quality, Regulatory, and Manufacturing.
– Participate in cross-functional corrective/ preventive action activities.
– Accurately report metrics. Maintain Tier board.
– Apply concepts of Quality in all areas of responsibility.
– Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
How will you get here? EDUCATION
– 4th year status in Bachelor s degree program in Biology, Biotechnology, Engineering, Chemistry, or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES – Requires understanding and proficient use of SOPs required by company Quality standards.
– Requires excellent organizational, planning and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
– Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues and managers.
– Prefer knowledge of personal computer applications (e.g.
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) and internal systems (i.e.
SAP, E1, Agile, and TrackWise). At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
ACCESSIBILITY/DISABILITY ACCESS Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process.
For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-###-####*.
Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process.
Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response*Wayup. Category: General
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=4fdefe1764ad61ee5c91bdda9&ri=9480b7c9baff443fb8beb2c43d136721&job_loc=Austin%2CTX&q&spl=EdELsgTqT%2BE871hH%3AJJPfzaiGtR5jxQVjONAe7w%3D%3D%3ArmRu%2B1pQSfg30I7ODBFJnD%2BGCgFIe4cdoWcyNbR8iw%3D%3D&encrypt=0&l=Austin%2C+TX→