Who are we?
Bird Bird Biscuit is a business exclusively focused on biscuit sandwiches for breakfast and lunch, served with warm and consistent hospitality. The owners of the business, Brian and Ryan, have owned and run Thunderbird Coffee for the last 10 years. Since you re considering joining our team, it s important to know that we value our team and our community and are looking for amazing people to help us take Bird Bird to its next level.
What we are looking for?
Put simply, we are looking for people we can grow the business with. Are YOU genuine and hard working? Are YOU excited about bringing something NEW to the Austin restaurant scene? We need people who embrace change, as we will be continually improving together as we go, as well as individuals who take pride daily in pursuing their best self. We are very intentional about the culture we want to create at Bird Bird Biscuit and are looking for people who are the right fit for our vision of being the best biscuit sandwich experience in the world.
If you have cooking experience in a kitchen that is a definite plus but not a must. We cross train on all positions of the business and because we have an open kitchen and are committed to an integrated team, all positions will involve some level of guest interaction. The ability to deal skillfully with guests and co-workers is a must.
Does this sound like YOU?
Hospitable, desiring of personal growth, fun, good at receiving and giving feedback, committed to treating your fellow humans well
If these qualities resonate with you, you are the kind of person we want to work with and grow with. Please fill out the following questions and submit them via email to along with your resume.
1) What is your availability? How many hours are you ideally looking for?
2) Do you have a reliable car? If not, how do you plan to get to work on time early in the morning?
3) Tell us your past experience that you feel is relevant to why you would be a good fit for this role.
4) Tell us about a role model in your life and why you look to them as an example.
5) What are you looking for in a work environment and what makes you think you might find this at Bird Bird Biscuit?
6) Tell us in detail about a food experience that has excited you recently.
What is the pay?
We tip pool at Bird Bird Biscuit. While revenue is unpredictable in a new business, we guarantee that tips + hourly will equal or exceed $15/hour. While it will be possible to earn more than that as we grow the business, you will never earn less than $15 per hour. Again, including tips.