Position: After School Program Aide
Reports to: After School Program Director
Location: STRIVE Prep – Ruby Hill Elementary
Pay: 20 hours per week (part-time)
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
STRIVE Prep’s Ruby Hill is in our first year of offering an independently run after-school program. Our mission is to offer an enriching afterschool experience for all students who attend Ruby Hill. We aim to build upon the high-quality school culture that makes STRIVE Prep unique and to cultivate deep relationships with the students and families we serve. The objectives of the program are as follows:
* Provide engaging enrichment blocks that are inclusive and spark curiosity and inspire creativity.
* Build a healthy community, both physically and mentally, by promoting movement and positive social-emotional thinking.
* Encourage teamwork and character development through organized games and inclusive play.
* Explore the city around us in ways that enrich students’ cultural and civic experiences, while also igniting their sense of adventure.
* Nurture each child’s needs and interests based on the relationships we’ve built with them throughout the school day.
The Program Aide supports the day-to-day activities of the Ruby Hill after-school program. He/she is assigned to up to 15 children (aged 5-12) enrolled in the after-school program. The Program Aide is a part-time, non-exempt position that will be under the direct supervision of the Program Leader and is responsible for understanding and adhering to all programming policies of the Ruby Hill After-School program. She/He will work side by side with other Program Aides. The position is approximately 20 hours a week from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm Monday-Friday.
* Must be at least 16 years old.
NICE TO HAVES
* Passion for creating an enriching after-school experience for kids
* Creative arts, recreation management, outdoor education or athletics interest or background
* Knowledge of child development and best practices for teaching and play.
* Knowledge of inclusive practices for diverse learners and individuals with disabilities
* Experience planning and facilitating opportunities inclusive of all sociocultural groups (e.g. ability, language, ethnicity, race, and gender)
* Experience creating lesson plans and developing a year-long curriculum
* Experience managing large groups of school-aged children
* Experience with and passion for working with children ages 5-12 years old.
* Strong leadership skills and independent decision making abilities
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong work ethic and a growth mindset
* Creative thinking and problem solving skills
* Professional and positive attitude
* Current CPR and first aid certification
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Supporting all elements of their group’s activities; including planning, implementation, and documentation.
* Support inclusive practices for diverse learners and individuals with disabilities throughout all activities
* Ensures all activities are inclusive of all sociocultural groups (e.g. ability, language, ethnicity, race, and gender)
* Maintains an emotionally and physically safe environment for their assigned cohort.
* Manages behavior and conduct of students within their group.
* Communicates student-related issues as they arise with the Program Leader.
* Support the supervision, guidance, and caring for children aged 5-12.
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
* Competitive Compensation and benefits including paying 100% of individual benefits.
* On average, our network provides a 4% annual salary increase which is one of the highest in the Denver education market.
* STRIVE Prep 5 Year Club: After 5 years of continual employment, all employees are eligible for your choice of a 3 weeks paid Sabbatical or a pay out.
* Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
* Based on hire date employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
* All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
* Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
* Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth.
* Equipment provided: laptop
* Weekly coaching sessions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!
Tagged as: management
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=413ea076ad4d61eeb2945bc69&ri=9443189359cc44ad8cb556c7a930bb80&job_loc=Denver%2CCO&q&spl=tm7gEDyOQrdzxcOD%3AQY7tx7Esfc%2FC4t63tOSfMg%3D%3D%3AlSYb9vE8mr7vC904hpKLJH7%2Fg2ESHIBeE2NaAXRWjQ%3D%3D&encrypt=0&l=Denver%2C+CO→