The AST s primary responsibilities are to organize the Store Management Office, execute operational administrative functions, oversee scheduling maintenance, balance the vault and other cash functions daily, distribute reports from My Macy s Portal to management team, facilitate the screening/hiring process, handle HR functions, and act as the HR liaison for store employees. Performs other duties as assigned.
*The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking *[here](
Macy s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
* Coordinate distribution of all incoming communications (including faxes, e-mails, memos, letters, newsletters, and phone calls) whether from customers, employees, management, or the general public.
* Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy s commitment to our customer.
* Coordinate all functions of the hiring process including prescreening applicants, correspondence with applicants, and scheduling interviews with store management.
* Balance vault and store checkbook and perform other cash functions on a daily basis.
* Act as MST liaison and train associates and GSMs on how to call in repairs.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable.
* Minimum of two years administrative experience.
* Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Able to use a calculator.
* Typing minimum of 60 wpm. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Exchange, and Lotus Notes.
* Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
* Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
* Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.* *
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy s, Inc. including Macy s and Bloomingdale s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with [SFPC Art. 49]( and [LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9](
Tagged as: management