**OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY**
Fox News Media FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather.
Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable.
Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
**JOB DESCRIPTION** We are looking for Production Assistants to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is a weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices.
A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
The perfect candidate has great communication skills, loves to learn, and is an A+ team player.
You thrive in a fast- paced environment that is constantly changing.
You are responsible for pitching stories, compiling research, coordinating video and graphic elements, and providing support to other show team members and on-air meteorologists as requested.
You will contribute to our social media strategy and be involved in efforts to source the best user generated content for our coverage.
**A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES**
– Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
– Provide support to the production team as they build segments, manage breaking news, and work on long-term projects
– Find the best sound bites, video and graphics for the most informative and compelling segments
– Write banners, cut video and, on the rare occasion, book guests all while quickly responding to breaking weather news
– Quickly identify strong user-generated content from multiple sources, ensuring the best elements are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage
– Work in coordination with studio, field crews, and guests as needed
**WHAT YOU WILL NEED**
– Degree in Journalism or related field preferred
– Prior internship or job experience in a related field
– Must have a passion for weather – weather experience a plus
– Willing and able to work under tight deadlines while juggling several tasks at once
– Social media savviness – Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Wayup. Category: Arts & Entertainment, Keywords: Production Assistant
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=4fdeffda31bd61ee5c91a10f9&ri=94814e4fbdca4a23a524dcc4fdfbf293&job_loc=New+York%2CNY&q&spl=oDsk6MUdlMExeqR8%3Ax%2FbfUFKs39ffWvISYCSfVA%3D%3D%3AYg%2Fk6cPvlqBNZ6KHboMoWN6SkoaHZGEdMbiIrZUnlQ%3D%3D&encrypt=0&l=New+York%2C+NY→