Exterior Property Inspection INS – Fannie Mae
• Get required photos and basic information about the home and neighborhood as required in the report form.
• Photos should NOT be taken through a car window. No part of your vehicle should be visible in the photo.
• If the property is not accessible (e.g., in a gated community that you cannot get into), take photos of what you see, fill out as much of the report as possible, and submit for QA Review.
• If there is no access to obtain required photos (gated yard, etc.), homeowner’s contact information will be provided. Please contact homeowner as they are aware someone will be coming to get the required photos and information.
• Please take at least 5 photos of the property; one photo each of the front, back, and each side of the property.
• Best pictures will have one side of the home and the front in one picture, and one side of the home and the back in the other picture.
• Please take a photo of the address to confirm you are at the correct property.
• Please label photos when submitting on the website.