Macy s is proudly America s Department Store. There s a reason we ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy s bottom line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development.
As a Mobile Taskforce Detective, you will support the Internal/External Investigation Program in your assigned market area; and focus primarily on the identification, investigation, and apprehension of external and internal cases as well as major crime committed against the company.
* Investigate all internal/external crimes committed against the company in assigned market area
* Make external apprehensions as per policy
* Conduct Virtual Remote Surveillances as directed
* Prepare written and investigative reports for management
* Develop in-depth knowledge of investigative tools and surveillance equipment
* Handle proprietary, sensitive and confidential information
*Qualifications and Competencies:*
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum of 1-3 years of Macy s AP detective experience required, including knowledge of Macy s AP and Investigation programs.
* Ability to effectively execute strategies.
* Efficient prioritizing and time management skills, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong leadership, investigative, and organizational skills.
* Ability to build partnerships.
* Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
* Proficient with use of computers, including Windows operating system, Microsoft Office tools, and internet skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
* Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
* Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
*This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[SFPC Art. 49]( here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9]( here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[PC Ch. 9-3500]( here.*
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=3a0eb2e3066d61e90195729c9&ri=9352f824169f484482d804cf08dd9b30&job_loc=Raleigh%2CNC&q&spl=cYsAclBr3t9WUouL%3APTiFb46v%2BqKKa7sm9%2BIlbA%3D%3D%3A7e%2BJwaH84lzvebko8aEOSsjlduGvAES2uv7XydwEzA%3D%3D&encrypt=0&l=Raleigh%2C+NC→