Maternal Fetal Ultrasound Tech(Job Id 7597)
US:NC:Chapel Hill Post Date
Professional – Clinical Close Date
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Summary: Responsible for the independent operation of diagnostic medical equipment to identify complex conditions, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations for a variety of ob/gyn scanning procedures (basic anatomy, targeted anatomy, dopplers, BPP, fetal echo). Description of Job Responsibilities: 1. Assists the maternal fetal medicine specialist in performing invasive diagnostic techniques specialized to OB ultrasound processes. Provides standardization and training to residents regarding these exams.
2. Consults with patient and evaluates any contra-indications, such as medications, insufficient patient preparation or the patient s inability, or unwillingness to tolerate the procedure.
3. Performs the ultrasound procedure under general or direct supervision, as defined by the procedure and/or physician. Performs essential OB ultrasound examinations, such as; detailed anatomical evaluation, complete fetal echocardiogram, growth assessment, fetal wellbeing (to include biophysical profiles, maternal/fetal Doppler, amniotic fluid assessments), needle procedure guidance, examinations of maternal pelvic anatomy (including trans-vaginal cervical assessment) and advanced diagnostic 3D/4D techniques.
4. Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
5. Assists the supervising physician with invasive procedures as required. Analyzes sonography findings throughout the course of the examination so that a comprehensive exam is completed and sufficient data is provided to the physician.
6. Recognizes situations or abnormalities that require the direct observation of the real-time scan by the maternal fetal medicine specialist.
7. Images structures while simultaneously obtaining Doppler signal and recording images and Doppler shift recordings along with patient information for interpretation by the maternal fetal medicine specialist.
8. Advises maternal fetal medicine specialist and/or referring OB provider of results of the examination and provides preliminary information regarding diagnostic evaluation of the maternal-fetal scans. Job Details
Legal Employer: STATE Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians Organization Unit: UNC MFM at Vilcom Center Work Type: Full Time Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00 Work Schedule: Day Job Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No YourMembership. Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=4f50cbc3dcfd61ee5472e0919&ri=9493288f6e6c458a8f52d9c7d4548d13&job_loc=Chapel+Hill%2CNC&q&spl=STqR34pHqVXbHkzs%3Aq4b0P2JEhCcfexZf3AYYzw%3D%3D%3Ai8PZfdcZUj4pjWgJNQxie%2F0jkQSwkRdjzze%2F0SVwtQ%3D%3D&encrypt=0&l=Raleigh%2C+NC→