Assumes assistant administrative authority, responsibility and accountability to maintain the facility physical plant and essential mechanical and electrical equipment in safe operating condition. Assists to manage employees in provision of maintenance services that protect the health and safety of personnel and the public and provided are consistent with Life Safety Code of the National Fire Protection Association and with all state and federal laws and regulations. In collaboration with the Director of Corporate Campus, allocates resources in an efficient and economic manner to provide services and to continuously improve quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Assists the MaintenanceSupervisor with below responsibilities:
1. Collects,reviews maintenance requisitions from all unit and departments of facility.
2. Reviews information, assists in establishing priorities, assigns staff or inspects, replaces, repairs, or otherwiseresolves the problem.
3. Assists and establishes and conductsscheduled maintenance throughout physical plant and for all equipment.
4. Maintains and tests the emergencypower system to ensure availability of power to all entrances, exits firedetection alarms and extinguishing equipment, and life support systems in theevent electrical supplies are interrupted.
5. Maintains all essential equipment(e.g., boiler room equipment, nursing unit/medication room refrigerators,kitchen refrigerator/freezer, and laundry equipment) in safe operatingcondition.
6. Establishes procedures to ensure theavailability of potable water to essential to essential areas in the event ofloss of normal water supply.
7. Tests facility hot water system onregular basis to evaluate water temperatures in essential locations offacility.
8. Monitors acceptable range oftemperatures and immediately starts repairs to eliminate hazards for facilityresidents, staff and others.
9. Inspects physical plant for any signsof rodents or pests.
10. Maintain adequate and comfortablelighting levels, appropriate for tasks, without glare.
11. Lighting supports independentfunctioning and task performance of residents.
12. Maintains facility system to providegood air movement with acceptable temperature, humidity and odor levels.
13. Posts sign to identify smoking andnon-smoking areas.
14. Responds to emergency maintenance needspromptly.
15. Cooperates with other departments toidentify and accommodate individual resident needs and preferences.
16. Communicates directly with partners andlegal representatives to identify appropriate to individuals needs andabilities.
17. Monitors the performance of maintenancestaff by observing staff on all units, on all shift and interviewing facilitystaff, residents, and families.
18. Performs quality assurance functions,including compliance rounds, on daily basis to evaluate compliance with stateand federal laws and regulations, and facility policies and procedures.
19. Initiates other corrective actions asappropriate.
20. Develops and updates maintenancepolicies and procedures that reflect the philosophy and objectives of thefacility and are consistent with state and federal regulations.
21. Completes required documentation andrecord keeping of maintenance activities. Audits records of maintenance stafffor accuracy, completeness. Implements approaches to improve department recordkeeping practices.
22. Collaborate with consultants with timelyresponses to requests for information and suggestions to improve quality ofmaintenance services.
23. Monitors staff for compliance with OSHAmandates on workplace safety including hazard communication and blood bornepathogens. In cases of workplace exposure, provides immediate first-aid andrefers employee to appropriate facility staff member for post-exposurefollow-up.
24. Participates in the development of thedepartment budget. Provides relevant financial information to the Director ofCorporate Campus regarding department financial needs and status.
25. Communicates with the Director ofCorporate Campus on daily basis to discuss physical plant, equipment, personneland budget issues.
26. Recommends the Director of CorporateCampus numbers and types of maintenance personnel needed to meet facility needsin compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
27. Develops staffing plan that assuressufficient numbers of maintenance personnel to meet resident and facility needs.
28. Hires and retains qualified, competentmaintenance staff to provide services to achieve a hazard-free, sanitary,comfortable, homelike environment for residents, facility staff and others.
29. Conducts interviews, provides regularperformance reviews, takes appropriate job actions, reviews job actions takenby subordinates to assure that staff meet qualification and performancestandards and can perform all essential functions of the job.
30. Actively participates in long term caresurvey process by instructing staff in matters of conduct and disclosure,maintaining a presence at all times surveyors are on-site and directing thetimely collection of information required by the survey team.
31. Demonstrates concern for identifiedproblems and undertakes corrective actions while survey is in progress. Ifappropriate.
32. Gathers and presents supplementaldocumentation to avoid potential deficiencies.
33. Collaborates with the Director of theCorporate Campus to develop responses to survey report as needed.
34. Reports injury of self or others tosupervisor immediately.
35. Maintains current skills and knowledgethrough continuing education. Applies information to job responsibilities.
36. Participates in fire and disasterdrills. In event of an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assureresident safety.
High school diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in skilled trade or other relevant technical training preferred.
Freedom from illegal use of drugs, and freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a heath care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
Other Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
One year experience in physical plant operations and equipment maintenance.
Various power tools and hand tools. May operate heavy equipment such as a backhoe, large lawn mower.
Summary of Occupational Exposures:
Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious disease, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals. May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients/residents/clients, family members, partner, and visitors.
Other Considerations and Requirements:
Partner should be able to perform various tasks as required in maintaining a building. Partner is typically able to work at his or her own pace. May contract out for various services, e.g., window replacement or smoke detector services.
Primary Location: North Carolina-Raleigh
Job Posting: Nov 18, 2020, 11:16:52 AM