Macy s is proudly America s Department Store. There s a reason we ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy s bottom line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development.
As Senior Director, Asset Protection you will serve as subject matter expert in the following areas: shortage, fraud, investigations, legal compliance, and training. Create and implement AP strategies in partnership with VP, Asset Protection. Manage, direct, & deploy District Managers of Investigations (DMIs) to support districts & stores. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Serve as a subject matter expert to all Asset Protection measurements, with a focus on shortage reduction and quality case recoveries. Utilize all possible tools to identify where additional resources, tactical planning, or training is needed to drive AP measurements. Tools inclusive of Smart exit reporting, exception reports, all SIS reporting, Mainframe applications, My reports, etc. Citi bank credit access, FTM alerts.
* Monitor and access shortage programs at region, district and store level in multiple regions. Review opportunities to partner with Shortage Control group on audit initiatives and identify productive shortage reduction applications. Identifies areas of opportunity in planning, implementing, monitoring, and managing the store shortage prevention and awareness programs.
* Identify and implement profit driving initiatives (i.e., NW test of non-proof of purchase returns), and spearhead ongoing AP/Ops innovation initiatives.
* Manage and monitor internal and external theft investigations, apprehensions and recoveries. Manage total investigations program, inclusive of interview training, policy and procedure and case documentation. Handle all legal inquires and expectations as it relates to employee dishonesty. Ensure proper case quality, all case guidelines, and execution of all case management.
* Direct and manage all assigned investigators in multiple regions; identify trends in employee theft or external theft, Inventory results, RFID results. Ensure a highly focused internal investigation team throughout the organization. Provide support and training to assigned areas as it relates to interviews, investigations and shortage programs.
* Direct and lead all investigation efforts as it relates to gift card fraud, proprietary fraud, stores Y-Shortage program, or joint partnerships investigating MLO issues, Omni investigations, and Cyber investigations.
* Oversee case documentation and restitution process in partnership with VP, AP Admin/Ops/ORC, and monitor all AP investigations to ensure they are properly conducted.
* Recruit and develop qualified Asset Protection talent by creating and supporting a culture that values retention, career development and succession planning. Support company programs and drive field engagement.
* Works with National VP of Asset Protection Programs on company-wide AP initiatives that impact departmental goals and objectives.
* Clearly communicates the company and department initiatives to the Asset Protection teams in field.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
*Qualifications and Competencies:*
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
* 5+ years direct experience
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
* Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
* Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
*This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[SFPC Art. 49]( here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9]( here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[PC Ch. 9-3500]( here.*
Tagged as: management
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=3b7247e4c53d61e9165a22e09&ri=934d451015df47b0866e5d099728befa&job_loc=Brooklyn%2CNY&q&spl=xYSKWQQxD04vkyVP%3ABbTcTtjPNkt6fADA3R3Dig%3D%3D%3AhKIVrSdBpjbd6%2FLUybXGKax8g67SblU%2BNuA8ZbeSag%3D%3D&encrypt=0&l=New+York%2C+NY→