About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Provides receptionist support to the plasma collection center, under the general direction of the Plasma Center Manager. Primarily provides customer service and performs administrative duties.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
* Administrative functions related to new donors, repeat donors and SPE only donors that include but are not limited to (60%):
* Verifying appointment times
* Assisting donors with future appointments
* Ensuring repeat donors scan in electronic system
* Creating or pulling donor record files
* Verifying prior donations
* Requesting identification for new donors
* Notifying the appropriate personnel that visitor/donor has arrived
* Contact donors to remind them of physical appointments
* Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed
* Answers incoming phone calls in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills. (20%)
* Greets all visitors to the facility including new and repeat donors in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills (20%)
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
* Incumbent should have strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator who can successfully interact with visitors and customers.
* Requires excellent English language comprehension, both written and verbal
* Ability to perform basic functions on a computer; ability to type.
* Must be able to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
* Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
* Putting the patient at the center
* Building trust with society
* Reinforcing our reputation
* Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
* Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions (internal)
* Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
* Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
* Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
* Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
* Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
* Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
* Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
* Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
* Requires occasional leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching above shoulders and below knees and the ability to walk and stand for entire work shift. May lift up to 5 lbs. occasionally.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records. Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
* FLSA Classification (US) – Non-Exempt
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law –
EEO is the Law – Supplement –
Pay Transparency Policy –
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Tagged as: management [...]
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=28618277636d61e827667bda9&ri=f3b08d316861fead3ee5dff4029deb38&job_loc=Tucson%2CAZ&encrypt=0&q&spl=zriqOcEu8Vjz877o%3Ae%2Fm3gQ1XuU6mGfusPcoGOg%3D%3D%3AXt%2FgLV61mjFvzYWib1wUoArMlIQwJG2U0tkW8IgxZB44xc3ft04%3D→