Macy s is proudly America s Department Store. There s a reason we ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Our colleagues are empowered to grow their careers while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
Macy s Credit and Customer Service (MCCS) supports the digital and in-store shopping experience and manages relationships with our credit cardholders. Our call center teams support and drive hundreds of millions of dollars in sales annually. We solve problems so our customers can get back to shopping! MCCS is a people-focused culture where we support one another to be our best for our customers. Join a people-focused culture and a FUN, collaborative team! We serve customers across a wide span of hours of operation, allowing for a variety of work shifts and availability of hours. Do you love helping people get answers and solve problems? If so, there s an opportunity for you to shine at Macy s Credit and Customer Service.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service; assisting customers with online purchases; responding to customer inquiries about products through telephone or proactive chat; providing customers with suggestions and converting sales; helping customers understand the specific brands and products by communicating the features, advantages, and benefits of the merchandise; exhibiting extensive product knowledge based on training received; performing other duties as assigned.
* Answer incoming calls and chatting online with macys.com customers seeking assistance and recommendations for product selections.
* Close sales, upsell, and assist with checkout.
* Maintain product and policy knowledge.
* Maintain system knowledge of macys.com and bloomingdales.com.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
*Qualifications and Competencies:*
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Less than 1 year
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate with diverse groups of users by phone
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* Navigate multiple computer applications and work from a dual monitor setup
* Complete financial transactions accurately and proficiently
* Willingness to continuously learn about new products and product lines
* Experience with macys.com or bloomingdales.com preferred; sales experience is a plus.
* Physical Requirements:*
* Requires prolonged periods of sitting and constant communication with customers
* Requires working with multiple computer screens and programs simultaneously for extended periods of time
* Occasionally required to move/reach, stoop, kneel and crouch
* Frequently lift/move up to 10lbs
*This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[SFPC Art. 49]( here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9]( here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[PC Ch. 9-3500]( here.*