ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
Dotdash is seeking an Associate Editor to help us take our lifestyle brands, The Spruce and MyDomaine, to the next level.
We are looking for a digitally savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all things home (decorating, organizing, cleaning, gardening, etc.
), who is eager to drive the ongoing evolution and growth of some of the biggest content sites on the web.
The Associate Editor will work with Dotdash’s Home team to improve editorial content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
We are building a fun, spirited team dedicated to creating amazing digital products.
ABOUT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS: – Edit, produce, publish, and assign search-optimized and writer-pitched evergreen articles across the home space.
– Collaborate with content strategists, SEO, visual editors, social editors, and newsletter teams to move articles through our pre- and post-publishing workflows.
– Work with the editorial team to help shape and define editorial strategy, increase audience, and drive user engagement.
– Make updates to existing content for accuracy, helpfulness, style, substance, cultural sensitivity, content quality, and fulfillment of intent.
– Participate in editorial meetings and pitch ideas based on SEO for new content.
– Assist writers with editorial publishing systems.
– Help organize and execute special projects.
ABOUT YOU: – 1-2 years of experience working for a digital publication, with an emphasis on lifestyle content.
– Familiarity with and experience in home design and decor is a plus.
– Familiarity with social media platforms and optimization of content across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok also a plus.
– Outstanding organizational skills and innate ability to pay attention to detail.
– Ability to solve problems independently and collaborate with other teams and departments.
– Proven aptitude for communicating and collaborating with both remote editorial workers and in-house editorial team members.
– Experience editing and assigning stories with SEO top of mind.
– Mastery of written English and ability to edit stories based on style guides.
– Strong visual eye and experience working with visual assets.
– Strong writer, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and copy.
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest-growing publishers online and has won over 80 awards in the last year alone.
Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash.
Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a …@jobvite.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter.
If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to …@dotdash.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community.
We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of each employee.
We require all employees (and guests) visiting or working in any of its offices or attending company-sponsored events, client meetings, or other company-related off-site activity to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC), and we offer multiple ways to share proof of vaccination with us.Wayup. Category: Media, Keywords: Associate Editor
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=4fdefe0331ad61ee5c91bc9f9&ri=94836665123448b9b1527a362a73e0ab&job_loc=New+York%2CNY&q&spl=gXKHxmpPQrZftPPP%3AfJ74OZunvHn6WovIruYUSA%3D%3D%3AUctiV71BZ8Uu9ZiTlv%2BLeQ%2Bn%2B6FFgEz21mp7k6IuSg%3D%3D&encrypt=0&l=New+York%2C+NY→